Cabinet resolution #323 of April 11, 2023
Decision-maker: the Cabinet
Who is affected: the Ministry for Communities, Territories, and Infrastructure Development, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Defense, communities, local self-government bodies, and owners of damaged and destroyed houses (at least 150 thousand households)
Summary of the resolution:
- it will be allowed to use the money from the Fund for liquidating consequences of the armed aggression on:
- compensation payments for destroyed and damaged dwellings
- restoration of damaged dwellings
- construction of new dwellings
- it will be allowed to use the Fund’s money only on dwellings located no closer than 30 km from combat zones or temporarily occupied territories.
What is right:
- the limitation concerning the distance from the frontline will reduce the risk of the restored dwellings’ repeated destruction in the course of hostilities
- it will be possible to restore dwellings in the areas affected by the war.
What is wrong:
- the resolution duplicates the procedure concerning compensation for destroyed dwellings and restoration of damaged dwellings. This procedure is already regulated by a separate law. The Cabinet resolution creates uncertainty about which legislative act should be applied.
- to exclude compensation payments and restoration of dwellings from the resolution.
Background information: in September 2022, the Verkhovna Rada created the Fund for liquidating consequences of the armed aggression.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Housing for internally displaced persons
Draft bill #9310 of May 19, 2023 Cosponsors: a group of 4 MPs, members of the Parliamentary Committee on Human…
Advisory Council on the Deoccupation of Crimea
Presidential decree #283/2023 of May 18, 2023 Decision-maker: the President Status: in effect since May 18, 2023 Who is affected:…