Draft bill # 8081 of September 28, 2022
Cosponsors: a group of 27 MPs with Maryana Bezhula as the first signatory
Status: adopted as a law
Who is affected: the Ministry of Defense, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Guard, the State Border Service, the State Security Service, and families of service members
Summary of the bill:
- even under martial law, service members will be allowed to take a part of their annual vacations and vacations for family emergencies (or for other cases provisioned by law) without taking leave without pay
- each vacation will be restricted to 10 days (travel time not included although restricted to no more than 2 days one-way)
- permission to take a part of the annual vacation will be granted once a year and only if no more than 30% of service members of a particular category are absent in the unit.
What is right:
- service members need vacations to maintain their high morale and to keep their emotional state in balance, especially considering a lengthy period of active hostilities
- the draft bill balances the interests of service members and their commanders by including a provision that units still must have enough staff.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Extension of martial law
Extension of martial law Draft bill #8419 of February 6, 2023 Sponsor: the President of Ukraine Status: the bill is…
Extension of general mobilization
Extension of general mobilization Draft bill #8420 of February 6, 2023 Sponsor: the President of Ukraine Status: the bill is…