Sanctions against the Russian nuclear industry
Presidential decree #57/2023 of February 5, 2023
Decision-maker: the President of Ukraine
Who is affected: Enerhoatom and nuclear industry of Ukraine
Summary of the decree:
- Ukraine imposed sanctions against 200 companies in the nuclear industry of the Russian Federation. The most important among them are the State Atomic Energy Corporation Rosatom, the Atomic Energy Power Corporation, the Rusatom Automated Control Systems, and others.
- The following restrictions are introduced for these companies: blocking of assets, prohibition on trade operations, prohibition on buying their products, prohibition on technology transfer, and prohibition for them to buy land or other property.
- Sanctions against these companies are imposed for 50 years.
What is right:
- The nuclear energy industry of Ukraine will be no longer dependent on Russia
- The decree provides stimuli to cooperate with Western businesses in the nuclear energy sector.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Updated selection procedure for the Constitutional Court
Draft bill #9322 of May 25, 2023 Status: included in the parliamentary agenda Who is affected: candidates for the position…
Reinstatement of bonuses for the military
Draft bill #9342 of May 29, 2023 Status: adopted in the first reading, preparation time for the second reading was…