Draft bill #9041 of February 21, 2023
Cosponsors: a group of 8 MPs from the Holos faction
Status: preparations for consideration
Who is affected: civil servants, employees of local governments, heads of state and communal enterprises, and the NACP
- on May 25, 2022, competitions for positions in civil servants and local governments were canceled by law. Also, the law suspended the mandatory submission of asset declarations by officials. These changes were introduced because martial law was declared.
Summary of the bill:
- competitions for vacant positions in civil service and local governments will be renewed
- civil servants and employees of local governments will again be obliged to submit declarations on their assets and property
- officials who did not submit declarations for 2021 will have to submit them within 90 days after martial law ends, but no later than 3 months after the law is adopted
- it will be allowed not to hold competitions for positions in civil service and local governments under martial law in combat zones and territories close to them, as well as on the temporarily occupied territories
- civil servants and employees of local governments, heads of state and communal enterprises who work in combat zones or territories close to them, as well as on temporarily occupied territories, will be allowed not to submit declarations on their assets and property
- the list of territories recognized as combat zones, territories close to them, and temporarily occupied territories will be approved by the Cabinet.
What is right:
- a relatively stable frontline makes possible the normal functioning of government bodies and local governments on the territories that are not combat zones. Thus, there are no significant obstacles to conducting competitions
- even during wartime, the implementation of public service reform continues
- qualified employees will be hired into the civil service
- the renewal of mandatory submission of income and property declarations reduces corruption risks. It is especially important under martial law when the system of state governance must be efficient and transparent
- vacant positions in combat zones will be filled more quickly.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Updated selection procedure for the Constitutional Court
Draft bill #9322 of May 25, 2023 Status: included in the parliamentary agenda Who is affected: candidates for the position…
Reinstatement of bonuses for the military
Draft bill #9342 of May 29, 2023 Status: adopted in the first reading, preparation time for the second reading was…