Cabinet resolution #339 of April 18, 2023
Decision-maker: the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
Status: in effect since April 18, 2023
Who is affected: individuals deported or forcibly displaced due to the Russian armed aggression against Ukraine (including at least 9,441 children), their relatives, the state enterprise Ukrainian National Center for Peacebuilding, international humanitarian organizations, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the State Migration Service, and law enforcement agencies
Summary of the resolution:
- the resolution creates the Unified Register of persons — adults and children deported to Russia or forcibly displaced within the temporarily occupied territory of Ukraine due to the war. It also approves procedures for maintaining the Register and accessing its information
- the state, represented by the Ministry of Reintegration, is the owner of the Register. The state enterprise Ukrainian National Center for Peacebuilding under the Ministry of Reintegration maintains the Register
- the Register will store information and information summaries about individuals, including children, who were deported or forcibly displaced due to the armed aggression
- the state enterprise Ukrainian National Center for Peacebuilding collects and enters information into the Register, exchanges information with the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Central Tracing Agency of the International Committee of the Red Cross, and other international organizations. Also, upon parents’ request, it represents the interests of deported or forcibly displaced children in dealings with international organizations.
What is right:
- the resolution implements the requirements of the Geneva Convention on the protection of civilians in time of war
- information about persons deported and displaced due to the armed aggression will be documented and systematized
- state authorities, international organizations, and relatives will cooperate in order to search for and return deported and displaced persons.
What is wrong: the procedure for maintaining the Register was developed a year after the state enterprise Ukrainian National Center for Peacebuilding was founded.
Background information: on May 31, 2022, the Cabinet adopted Directive #434 On the implementation of the Geneva Convention On the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of August 12, 1949. The directive provisions that the functions of the National Information Bureau, in accordance with the Convention, will be performed by the state enterprise Ukrainian National Center for Peacebuilding.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Housing for internally displaced persons
Draft bill #9310 of May 19, 2023 Cosponsors: a group of 4 MPs, members of the Parliamentary Committee on Human…
Advisory Council on the Deoccupation of Crimea
Presidential decree #283/2023 of May 18, 2023 Decision-maker: the President Status: in effect since May 18, 2023 Who is affected:…