Draft bill #9178 of April 3, 2023
Sponsor: MP Heorhii Mazurashu
Who is affected: all inhabitants of Ukraine, businesses working in the service sector, the Commissioner for State Language.
Summary of the bill:
- private enterprises and entrepreneurs will be allowed to serve in languages other than Ukrainian
- private enterprises providing services in a language other than the state language will be obliged to install an information plate (sticker) at the entrance to the premises and/or directly at the place of their activity, indicating the languages of service or a list of languages in which they provide service.
What is wrong:
- the bill violates the Constitution since it prevents the state from ensuring the functioning of the state language in all spheres of social life
- the bill is not in line with the policy of strengthening the role of the Ukrainian language as the state language
- people throughout Ukraine will not be able to exercise their right to being serviced in the state language
- the bill provokes social tension during wartime.
- the bill should be rejected.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Updated selection procedure for the Constitutional Court
Draft bill #9322 of May 25, 2023 Status: included in the parliamentary agenda Who is affected: candidates for the position…
Reinstatement of bonuses for the military
Draft bill #9342 of May 29, 2023 Status: adopted in the first reading, preparation time for the second reading was…