Draft bill #9105 of March 13, 2023
Sponsor: the Cabinet of Ministers
Who is affected: the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Main Directorate of Intelligence, the SSU, the administration of the Special Communications Service, and service members
Status: adopted as a law
Summary of the bill:
- state expenditures for 2023 on defense will be increased by about ₴518 bln. As a result, the marginal deficit of the government budget will increase from $1.3 trillion to $1.72 trillion
- ₴518 bln will be allocated for security needs: ₴477 billion — for salaries, ₴30 billion — for the procurement of weapons and military equipment
- the Ministry of Defense will get ₴372 bln, the Ministry of Internal Affairs — ₴98 bln, the Main Directorate of Intelligence — ₴6 bln, the SSU — ₴9 bln, the administration of the State Special Communications — ₴31 bln.
What is right:
- Ukraine will be able to pay salaries to people working in the security and defense sector in 2023 while the war continues
- the bill will strengthen the defense capabilities of the state since it provisions to spend extra funding on weapons and military equipment.
If you liked this post, you can donate usDonate
Updated selection procedure for the Constitutional Court
Draft bill #9322 of May 25, 2023 Status: included in the parliamentary agenda Who is affected: candidates for the position…
Reinstatement of bonuses for the military
Draft bill #9342 of May 29, 2023 Status: adopted in the first reading, preparation time for the second reading was…